There’s no getting around the changing seasons in McMurray, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the front of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the ideal time to think about annual furnace service as well, but maybe not in the way that you had thought before.
Energy savings comes in a number shapes and forms, to include:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners solely associate furnace service with swapping out filters, but having a tune-up done can help your system run better, providing you with efficient comfort that may help you save on your monthly heating bills.
- Take It Down A Notch. Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees may help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty evident, but when your system doesn’t have to operate as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy costs.
- Filters. Another easy fix that most every homeowner can take care of on their own, switching furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not hard to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to use caulk and weatherstripping to close those pesky holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Kowalski Heating, Cooling & Plumbing expert stops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are out there. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping reduce your monthly energy expenses.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few basic ways to help increase your comfort when the temperatures dip in McMurray. Whether you’re calling to arrange annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is correct for your system, give the team at Kowalski Heating, Cooling & Plumbing a call at 724-370-0141 to start saving a little more today.