Summer is upon us! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To optimize your comfort and truly relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in McMurray is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Kowalski Heating, Cooling & Plumbing constantly recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning in the heat.
- First, another opportunity to cite the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Running your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s functionality. mow the grass, get rid any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you start it this summer. Be sure to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Kowalski Heating, Cooling & Plumbing in McMurray at 724-370-0141 today.