Having standard air conditioning service done at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the McMurray season, have the specialists at Kowalski Heating, Cooling & Plumbing conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Inspect for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of unlawfully freeing it to the atmosphere.
- Look for efficient airflow through the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Look for the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that easy can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it regularly. We recommend looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Kowalski Heating, Cooling & Plumbing today at 724-370-0141.