During the colder McMurray months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it happens, a simple call to Kowalski Heating, Cooling & Plumbing will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some indicators you should monitor for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Kowalski Heating, Cooling & Plumbing right away if you observe any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be examined by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is too small for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility costs, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Kowalski Heating, Cooling & Plumbing can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we are happy to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Kowalski Heating, Cooling & Plumbing at 724-370-0141 or schedule an appointment with us online.