As we get further in to November and the temperature continues to dip, we’re faced with the impending decision of when to flip on the heat. For some families, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with the cold quickly approaching now is the time to consider replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go bad in the middle of the coldest day of the season.
So when you need to get a new furnace, how do you know which option to choose between an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no point in being bundled up in 10 layers in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was about to go out.
Take a few moments and read what both types of furnaces can offer and give us a ring at 724-370-0141 if you have any other questions.
- Up-front cost is less than gas furnaces
- Offer more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more complex due to dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are greater than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Not as much maintenance required
- Gives less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you pick, your comfort should never be in question, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions as you go through the process, don’t waver in giving Kowalski Heating, Cooling & Plumbing in McMurray a call at 724-370-0141. We’re more than happy to help answer all of your furnace questions.