With warmer weather right around the corner, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at top efficiency, it can save a large amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could dramatically raise your expenses and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Kowalski Heating, Cooling & Plumbing specialist complete air conditioning service
at least each year is critical to keeping your system working at its best for the long haul. He or she can make sure the unit is working properly and can identify potential issues prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your skilled air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during winter. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might hurt your system and require big repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area surrounding your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they may obstruct airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any aspect of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or swapped out during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them monthly and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has different needs when talking about air filter replacement, relying on factors like owning house pets or performing home construction during the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also be sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you maintain a comfy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer has in store. Give the team at Kowalski Heating, Cooling & Plumbing a call at 724-370-0141.