It isn’t far off to say that we’re never far from our smartphones. Whether it is email, looking for the latest sports scores or thumbing through Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be used for simple conveniences like knowing when it’s time for air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These permit you to control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and don’t turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and update the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically switch the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or gone.
Smart thermostats have been talked about quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to change, they will likely become even more common. And why not? They do give you a number of perks and allow you to have the greatest control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they recognize your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re away so that you can get the best savings out there. Smart thermostats ensure that your comfort is always a top priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to change your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to set up air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can count on your system to inform you when there is an issue or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are developed for easy integration across a number of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can pick the perfect one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to improve like most pieces of technology, but they already offer a host of perks that can help improve your comfort, potentially lessen your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to arrange for air conditioner service. Kowalski Heating, Cooling & Plumbing in McMurray has a number of thermostats to choose from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 724-370-0141.