Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in McMurray during the cooler months, when they’re needed the most to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Kowalski Heating, Cooling & Plumbing will constantly be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to see if it kicks on.
- If everything looks correct, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Kowalski Heating, Cooling & Plumbing at 724-370-0141 and we’ll return your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.